BWF is a certified preferred partner with Slate and we have multiple Slate for Advancement implementations in progress for who we provide Slate conversion project plans. Slate has a unique approach which I find very appealing which focuses on empowering institutions to embark on migrations alone, but we also find that some institutions seek the structure of a formal implementation process. Given that flexibility, the timelines can vary based on the goals of the institution but commonly range from 6-12 months based on some of the following variables:
- size of the institution, including number of records and user base
- staff availability to support the migration
- institution's ability to support the extract, transform and load processes related to data migration
- desire to re-envision specific business processes
- change management - shareholder engagement, communication, specific training needs, go-live support, and other unique variables
- marketing support - needs related to centralizing and evolving Slate functions related to digital communication
Finally, many organizations seek a partner for implementation due to accountability, or the desire to have a third-party provide perspective and ensure the project is progressing as it should. The project management needs supporting this can impact the timeframe and plan as well.
Happy to discuss further and look forward to connecting with folks at Slate Innovation Festival.
Senior Vice President, BWF