For a complete job posting and application process instructions go to https://whitman.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=147WHITMAN COLLEGE
Located in the historic community of Walla Walla, Whitman's vibrant and beautiful tree-lined campus is home to an intellectually diverse, dynamic, welcoming and supportive community of some 500 staff and faculty serving approximately 1,500 students from the local region and across the globe. With exceptional students, accomplished faculty and staff, and a fiercely loyal and growing number of engaged alumni, Whitman College continues to build on its national reputation for academic excellence as one of the top liberal arts colleges in the country.
Whitman College is cultivating a community built on inclusion and belonging. We recognize the value of those who can offer historically underrepresented perspectives and encourage applications from those whose background, knowledge, and insights from lived experience can add to the college's working and learning environment. Whitman College is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer (EEO) .
The Database and Systems Analyst, as a part of Advancement Services in Development and Alumni Relations at Whitman College, is a member of the team responsible for creating, implementing, and managing systems that support donor and alumni engagement and development. Specific duties include systems and database administration, data analysis and report writing, project management, and other duties as assigned. The Analyst serves as an authority on applications, provides excellent customer service, and the highest quality data and report outputs.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES AND SKILLSETS
1. Database Management: Coordinate with the Director of Advancement Services to manage the Millennium fundraising database and other shadow databases. Responsible for creating and executing all data exchange between products.
2. Systems Administration: Primarily responsible for the administration of all systems, hosted internally and externally, utilized by Development and Alumni Relations. This includes end user's systems installation and management for related products including onboarding and offboarding.
3. Data Analysis & Report Writing: Use tools to organize, query, and manipulate data for Development and Alumni Relations systems, such as, the Donor Management System, shadow database systems (e.g. tracking fundraiser performance, annual giving volunteer tool, and online community), and visualization and querying tools. Produce data analysis and reports, including visualizations, for a variety of campus constituencies. Provide data informed business practice recommendations.
4. Project Management and Participation: Manage assigned technology projects and provide technical leadership to other projects and committees in consideration of the operational and strategic needs of Development and Alumni Relations.
5. Perform other duties as needed when capacity allows.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY
A job candidate must be able to explain and/or demonstrate that they possess the knowledge, skills and abilities to safely and effectively perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
1. Experience working with database applications.
2. Proficiency with MS Office Products, especially Excel.
3. Some Database analysis and/or report writing experience.
4. Experience with Windows operating systems.
5. The ability to learn new applications independently and with ease.
6. Strong customer service orientation and ability to make technical issues understandable to all levels of users.
7. Excel at responding to requests and requirements and meeting or exceeding expectations.
8. Ability to work independently or as part of team, manage multiple concurrent projects, and meet deadlines.
9. Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
10. Strong sense of professional ethics and confidentiality standards. Position requires the safeguarding of confidential information at all times.
11. Desire to actively and positively contribute to Whitman's core values of diversity, equity, and inclusion and the Development and Alumni Relations Department's values of integrity, trust, respect, collaboration, accountability and inclusion.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY
1. Experience utilizing online task management tools, such as Asana or Trello.
2. Some experience with the administration of Windows servers and SQL servers.
3. Knowledge of SQL querying/language or similar.
4. Project management experience and skills, either as a project leader or participant.
5. Some experience with product selection and/or implementation.
6. Experience directly supporting end-users.
7. Experience training end-users.
1. Bachelor's degree
2. A minimum of one year of experience in technology support, report writing, database management, and/or systems administration, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Full-time non-exempt position with standard work hours Monday through Friday 8 AM – 5 PM. Option to work remotely one to two days a week after 60 days. Travel required for conferences once or twice per year. Weekend hours occasionally required for events, such as Reunion Weekend and Commencement.
Whitman offers competitive employee benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life insurances, a generous 10% matching contribution to the Whitman College 403(b) Defined Contribution Retirement Plan, and paid time off including 13 paid holidays for full-time staff vacation and sick leave. Learn more about benefits eligibility here.
At Whitman College, we take seriously the safety of our community. Whitman is a fully vaccinated campus, requiring all employees and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption. More information can be found here.
Application review will begin on January 18, 2022 and continue until the position is filled.
February 15, 2022