Marquette University is investigating the feasibility of offering hosted alumni email addresses. Has your institution implemented alumni email addresses? If so, we have a few questions:
· Does your university use a third-party supplier to host, manage, and maintain the security of your alumni email addresses? If so, please describe which supplier you use and your overall satisfaction in terms of implementation experience and ongoing support. Would you recommend this supplier?
· If a third-party is not used, does your university self-host alumni email addresses? Please describe your email address setup and management (Microsoft 365 vs on-prem deployment, provisioning methods or products, etc.) as well as any security measures implemented to protect alumni accounts.
· If you procured consulting to implement alumni email addresses from either a third-party or self-hosted, which consulting supplier did you use? Would you recommend this consulting supplier?
· What is the process for assigning alumni email addresses (immediately upon graduation, by request, or another trigger)?
· What benefits have you experienced with alumni email addresses?
· What challenges have you experienced with alumni email addresses?
Missy Lind Egelhoff
Senior Director, Advancement Information Services
T: 414.288.6774 | M: 414.699.8131 | E: email@example.com