FundSvcs Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Blackbaud Raiser's Edge Queue

• 1.  Blackbaud Raiser's Edge Queue

Posted 19 days ago
    Greetings!  For my fellow Blackbaud/RE users.

Has anyone been able to get the Queue scheduling functionality to work? If we run the Queue on demand, it is successful. Our scheduled queues fail.  

------------------------------
    Tracy Forkin
    Director of Stewardship & Donor Engagement
    Johnson & Wales University
    tracy.forkin@jwu.edu

• 2.  RE: Blackbaud Raiser's Edge Queue

Posted 19 days ago
    I use scheduled queues for the weekend all the time and love it.  I have it set up to send me an email when the queue is finished and it lets me know if it was successful or not. You must set up a 'QUEUE' user with supervisor rights to run when you are not logged into the system. We are hosted. Refer to https://kb.blackbaud.com/knowledgebase/articles/Article/53308

Kelly

Kelly Hatton
    Director of Advancement Services
    Hanover College
    hattonk@hanover.edu

• 3.  RE: Blackbaud Raiser's Edge Queue

Posted 18 days ago
    Yes, we run scheduled Queues both to refresh queries and to export data.

Before setting up a Queue, create a user call REQueue with supervisor rights. It is not necessary to log in as REQueue, but the queue must be set to "Run as" REQueue. At least within Azure, make "Run on" blank. (All of our staff who run Queue also have supervisor rights.)

It is best to chain processes within a single queue rather than create separate queues for different parts of a process. So, for example, refresh queries and generate an export all within the same queue. Make sure the different steps required for a particular outcome are listed in the specific order needed for the correct data in the final result.

If exporting from within the hosted environment, the output must be sent to the Tenant File Share UNC path. Create a dedicated folder for the output from each specific queue.

Email notification no longer works due to the removal of Microsoft applications from database view.

When scheduling queues, avoid Blackbaud's service times.

Additional KB articles
    https://kb.blackbaud.com/knowledgebase/Article/41106
    https://kb.blackbaud.com/knowledgebase/Article/48215

Mary Ann Coyle
    Director of Advancement Services
    Childrens' Hospital Foundation of Richmond
    macoyle@chfrichmond.org

• 4.  RE: Blackbaud Raiser's Edge Queue

Posted 18 days ago
    Hi Tracy!

We use it and it can be finicky.  Scheduled queues cannot be sent to shared drives on your internal file folder system. They must be sent out to Blackbaud's FTU site, then downloaded from there.  We also try to avoid scheduling queues when Blackbaud typically does maintenance.  Happy to share both wins and pain points off line if you would like!  Thanks! Nancy

Nancy Vinje Jones
    Director of Gift Administration & Reporting
    Ball State University Foundation
    nvinjejones@bsu.edu

• 5.  RE: Blackbaud Raiser's Edge Queue

Posted 18 days ago
    While it is true that the downloads must go to the hosting folder, you can use FTP scripts to automate the relocation of them to your local shared folders. 

Dave Woodley 
    Chief Data Officer
    Unlock * Share * Connect
    Office of Data Services
    University of Alaska Foundation
    907-786-1373
    make a gift! engage.alaska.edu
    Join us for Alaska: universityforalaska.com