FundSvcs Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Cost-efficient CRM for small nonprofit

• 1.  Cost-efficient CRM for small nonprofit

Posted 25 days ago

Hello –

I've been approached by a small nonprofit organization seeking advice about obtaining a cost-efficient CRM.  They raise about $200K per year and would only need to start with about 500 records or so. 

May I ask if anyone has any advice or guidance for options that I can pass on? 

Many thanks!

Michael Halverson, Ed.D.
    Associate Vice President
    Development Resources
    Division of Development and Alumni Relations
    6200 San Amaro Drive, Suite 400
    Coral Gables, FL 33146
    Office: 305-284-1608 | Cell: 320-363-4987
    Email: mhalverson@miami.edu
    miami.edu | everbrighter.miami.edu

https://advancement.miami.edu/NetCommunity/image/adv_intra/dept-name-updates/Standard-Signature-UMlogo.png

Join us in building an ever brighter future!

The information contained in this transmission may contain privileged and confidential information, including information protected by federal and state privacy laws. It is intended only for the use of the person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

• 2.  RE: Cost-efficient CRM for small nonprofit

Posted 25 days ago
      |   view attached
    There are dozens of low-cost options out there!  What we do not know is what sort of features and functionality they need.  Heck, if they only have 500 records and only need to track gifts then Access or QuickBooks for Nonprofits (Enterprise) will work!

But I don't recommend those if they want to grow their prospect base!

The attached "Top Ten" list is a good starting place.  But it excludes some of the cheaper systems like Little Green Light:  Donor Management Software for Nonprofits - Little Green Light

John

John H. Taylor
    Principal
    John H. Taylor Consulting, LLC
    2604 Sevier St.
    Durham, NC   27705
    919.816.5903 (cell/text)

Serving the Advancement Community Since 1987

Attachment(s)

• 3.  RE: Cost-efficient CRM for small nonprofit

Posted 24 days ago
    Hello!

I sit on the board for our local CASA and they just switched from Little Green Light to Network for Good. They're still in the middle of a conversion, but they love Network for Good so far. I haven't seen the back-end differences between the too so I can't provide an educated opinion on either. Hope this helps. 

Gretchen

------------------------------
    Gretchen Armentrout
    Director Advancement Gift & Records
    James Madison University
    housergh@jmu.edu
    ------------------------------

• 4.  RE: Cost-efficient CRM for small nonprofit

Posted 24 days ago
    Hi Michael,

The tools I most commonly recommend to small nonprofits are:
    1. LittleGreenLight (https://www.littlegreenlight.com/), incredibly affordable, relatively mature product, broad functionality. Not great for moves management
    2. Bloomerang (https://bloomerang.co/), more expensive, but automated features like donor scoring and surfacing which donors need to be engaged are very helpful. 
    3. DonorDock (https://donordock.com), middle cost, newest product. We particularly like the integrated to-dos and reminders, and the automated lapse alerts.
    I would caution that not everyone means the same thing by CRM, and the specific needs of the org should always be the guide. Lastly, even though Salesforce offers free licenses, we find that organizations at this size do not succeed in leveraging SF effectively - it is too complicated for them to deal with. 

Thank you,
    Isaac Shalev
    Data Strategy Expert
    Sage70, Inc.
    (917) 859-0151
    isaac@sage70.com

Schedule a 30-minute consultation now: