FundSvcs Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Donor Stewardship

• 1.  Donor Stewardship

Posted 12 days ago
    Hi, I am revamping our donor stewardship plan and in doing so I'd like to find out if your organizations in general:
    a) recognize based on number of gifts given (so maybe first gift is handwritten card, second is a phone call...)
    or
    b) recognized based on the size of the gift (so maybe $1-$99 is a thank you letter, $100-$249 is a handwritten card)
    or
    c) something else completely
    I understand that there are always exceptions to a general rule. Also, I am the only Development person here. Thank you, I appreciate your input!

------------------------------
    Shani Grafman
    BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA
    Shani.Grafman@scouting.org
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Donor Stewardship

Posted 12 days ago
    For mid-level and major donors, our stewardship is based on both the number and size of the gift.  Generally the size determines whether they get a phone call or card and who completes that action (our donor relations officer or our CEO), but if they make multiple gifts in a year they'll usually hear from both our CEO and donor relations officer to vary the recognition.  Also, our receipt is an acknowledgement letter and we write personal notes on each of those (signed by either myself or the CEO depending on size). 

Hope that's helpful.

Karen Warr, MPA, GPC
    Director of Development Operations
    Direct: 503-617-3821
    Internal: x2356
    Cell: 503-869-8290

Pronouns: she/her/hers